Major and Mrs Holt's Battlefield Guide to OPERATION MARKET-GARDEN
This is the only fully illustrated and detailed guide to chart the entire MARKET-GARDEN Corridor - from Leopoldsburg in Belgium and over the important bridges at the Scheldt-Maas Canal, the Wilhelmina Canal, the Zuid Willemsvaart Canal, the Maas and the Waal to the Bridge at Arnhem over the Lower Rhine - the 'Bridge Too Far'.
In it are stories of gallantry, despair, humour, fear and dogged persistence -British, American, Dutch and German
- here was a hidden execution ground and cemetery in Belgium
- Here Pfc Joe Mann threw himself onto a grenade to save his buddies
- here the 504th PIR made the daring crossing over the Waal
- here was Diogenes, the Germans' menacing secret bunker
- here twin brothers of the British Airborne were killed together
- here Col Johnny Frost clung on for 4 desperate days
The Book is Packaged with a Detailed Battle Map
The map, designed and produced by Major and Mrs Holt, is a fully-indexed, 4-colour double-sided map showing modern roads, the entire Corridor on one side and in greater detail on the reverse, the approach Routes of the Airborne Forces to their objectives. It pinpoints Memorials, Museums, War Cemeteries and other features of MARKET-GARDEN interest.
A Free Map
At the checkout you can choose another map without charge